Welcome. No matter who you are, or what twists and turns your life has taken, you are welcome at Trinity Church. Need a reason to try Trinity? We'll give you 10!
Top 10 Reasons Why You (and your family!) Should Come To Trinity Church
10. It is so easy to find us – just look for the ginormous white spire rising up above Queen Anne Square. We are right in the heart of Newport, on Spring Street, between Mill and Church. Convenient FREE PARKING on Sunday mornings in the Mary Street Lot.
9. You’ll be following in the footsteps of George Washington, Queen Elizabeth II, and Desmond Tutu. (Insider tip – ask to sit in the pew where they sat!)
8. As an Episcopal Church, we are the inheritors of rich liturgical traditions. We’ve got a Sunday service for early risers at 8am, and for those who cherish one day a week to sleep in a bit, a second at 10am. The early service is quieter, shorter, and has no music; the later one is a bit longer, includes choir and hymns, and Sunday Stories for children.
7. Our Choir is fabulous. Come hear them Sundays at 10am and for special services. Come sing with them. Really, their sound will melt your heart.
6. We believe that we are called to bring the Kingdom of God to fruition right here, right now and would love to welcome you to share in that work. Volunteer ministries include Community Meal (aka Soup Kitchen), High School Mentoring, Pastoral Care Ministry, and all sorts of opportunities with our Outreach Partner, The Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center.
5. Children and Adults are encouraged to know God through prayer and worship, and to know about the Christian faith. Children are invited to Sunday Stories, a children’s chapel experience and Bible class held during the 10am service. Adults are invited to Sunday Morning Forum (held at 9am, between services) and a variety of other groups and courses throughout the year.
4. We’re basically time travelers. Though this church has been here for over 300 years, we are not stuck in the past. Trinity today is at the same time both entirely old and entirely new. We proclaim an eternal truth in the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ using words, music, rituals, and actions that speak to today’s world.
3. You’ll never be asked to check your brain at the door of the church. Come and engage the Christian faith with all of your God-given gifts, with your doubts and questions, with your heart and mind and soul. You don’t need to have all the answers to be welcome here – come join us as we grow in faith together.
2. Pumpkin Patch in the fall, Christmas Lessons & Carols in the winter, Strawberry Festival in the spring, Mass on the Grass in the summer. We've got you covered year-round.
1. God loves you and so do we! At Trinity you will find a vibrant and growing community of Christians worshiping and serving, singing and praying, gathering together and going forth.
We look forward to seeing you to Trinity Church!
The Rev. Canon Anne Marie Richards, Rector