Update: February 2022
Commerical Kitchen Upgrades:
Our present kitchen is inadequate. From the beginning of the meal preparation to the end of service, opportunities abound to improve efficiency, food safety, and food quality. In addition, a well-designed kitchen would make it easier to nurture Trinity community with easier to produce events like pancake supper, or Sunday brunch, or choir dinners.
- Stovetop: small burner size means it takes at least 30-60 minutes to boil large quantities of water (for example for pasta) or sauté large quantities of onions, meats, etc
- Food Safety: having two ovens will make it easier to ensure proper food temperature is reached in a short period of time.
- Washing stations: hard to process large amounts of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Storage: from garbage cans, to tables and chairs, to coffee urns, and sheet pans, nothing is designed for commercial storage
- Environment: we would love to move away from disposable plates and cups when we return to sit-down meals. We did move to stainless cutlery in 2019 which saved a ton of plastic, but frankly it is a lot of work to wash and we waste a lot of water. The current dishwasher does not enable us to do plates and cups.. A commercial dishwasher can run a cycle in minutes – and the dishes are already racked and easy to put away for the next use.
Collaborating with 2 Hands Studio, Trimark Food Service and Behan Brothers, Trinity will construct a commercial kitchen to address these challenges.
Update: January 2022
Trinity Church – Help us build on 300 years of Service
A New Building for present and future Trinity Parishioners
- A New kitchen for Community Meal and Parish Functions
- Handicap accessibility for meetings and offices
- New space for kids programs
- New Bathrooms – unisex, family size, and for new mothers
- Energy efficiency
- Choir Space
What we need to do:
As we contemplate the contemporary needs of individuals in Newport looking for spiritual growth and confronting pressing challenges, we know that we must focus on expanding our services to the community by:
- Expanding our programs for children and families
- Expanding our Community Meal offerings
- Expanding our ability to offer support to those both suffering from recent loss and celebrating life milestones
- Making our space accessible for differently-abled persons
- A lively music program
Currently, we do not have the space that we need to offer these elements.
100% Parishioner Support –
Our Building, Our Future, Our Job to Build it
- This campaign requires buy-in and support of all.
- Members, Newcomers, Vacationers, and Local Community
- Senior & Young families
- and those that turn to Trinity during a life event
2 Year Financial Commitment
- We are requesting commitments over the next 2 years and asking each family to consider making Trinity its top charitable priority for the next two years.
- If you already gave, and can do so, please give again.
- We need to dip DEEP to ensure Trinity’s future!